Introduction and Help Needed

Depotdru

Recruit
Hello to all. I stumbled onto this forum several months ago, and while I registered as a new user right away, this is my first post.
I have read many of the threads in this Forum, from Pontoons section, to Stupid Human Tricks Section, anything that caught my interest.
My family and I are in the market for a pontoon boat soon. We currently own a waverunner, which my daughter (9) and I both love, but wife hates (she wants to cruise and lounge), so we are not looking for a speed demon out of a pontoon.
We have been to Bass Pro Shops looking at the Sun Trackers, and have been to various other dealers looking at used, new , and all other makes and brands.
I looked at this boat today, and was impressed, with the quality, appearance, and styling:

2011 BENTLEY 240 Cruise, 2011 Bentley 240 Cruise SE package, floor model demo, 115 hp mercury 4 stroke, 25 inch pontoons, am/fm cd player with 4 speakers, docking lights, bimini top and boot, changing room, 24 gallon fuel tank, full instrument cluster. $18995

Questions:
1. Is Bentley a good boat?
2. Is 115 hp too much?
3. Is the price fair.

Thanks for any help, and thanks for all the advice I have already gotten from you just by reading threads for the last few months.

Drew

Last edited:

EGlideRider

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Introduction and Help Needed

That is the exact setup that I started with in my sig. except mine is an 09.
The Bentley is a middle-of-the-road boat but is well made. I can highly recommend it.
The 115 is a great choice for that boat.
The price is fair, but it is a buyers market so I would make an offer of maybe 16,000 and work your way up.

Nice to see your first post. Visit back often.

Mr Crabbs

Petty Officer 1st Class

That's a good price for a 115 HP OB, around here anyway.

The Rooster

Ensign

Hey Drew, we loved our Bentley. No major issues, 2007 model 243. Even adding $2000 for trailer, and $2000 for TT/L, thats not a bad price around here. Good luck.

Depotdru

Recruit

Thanks all for the input, I am sure I will be asking more questions in the weeks ahead, and I will post pictures of whatever I decide to buy.