leakage

harry1

Cadet
Good morning.

I would be glad, if you could say something to following, I refer to my post:
http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=489140&p=3304973#post3304973

Last week I could see the 18CVss and also could make a running test.
The weather was bad, it was raining but there was no other possibility for me,
because I came from far away.

When I had a look in the footwell area (I hope that is the right expression, please have a look at the sign on the photo), right and left, I saw water coming down, also the cover was not yet removed totally; I want to say that the cover was still on the bow.

I asked the seller and he told me that it would be possible that the water comes through the old seals of the accessories mounted on the bow, but he was not shure. He wants to clear it.

Do you know this problem, I think it is not a special CV18ss- problem?

Explication: "Wasser l?uft herein" means "water comes in"

Thank you for your help.

PS: it was a very good feeling driving this boat with jet. Such a strong machine, such a sound. I have many respect for it,???. but how long?
harry1

Attachments

• DSCF0030-Undichtigkeit.jpg
    DSCF0030-Undichtigkeit.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 0

DuckHunterJon

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: leakage

Water can come in from many areas, as the owner said - through cracked seals, or a cracked hull. Two very different things to deal with. If that much water is coming in, I'd sit it on a trailer and spray various parts (fittings, seals, etc) with a garden hose while someone lays under the foot well watching for water coming in. You should be able to pin point it fairly easily.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

It could be coming from the speedometer tube. They are driven from water (air) pressure and it's not uncommon for the hose to pop off the gauge and water to come out.

harry1

Cadet

thank you, ezmobee and DuckHunterJon, I will advise the seller to it.

@ ezmobee: the water also comes out when the boat was in standstill, before the testrun