Further searching for boats....

greenz

Seaman Apprentice
Sooo the last crownline i looked at was too rotten, the next crownline, a 1998 182BR is too expensive at 10k for the family (although meticulously recorded/kept). Dad has found a 2001 Bayliner 1950 CL for 7000, And i've found a 1994 glastron ssv 195 with a 5.0l and one year old alpha one outdrive w/ 3 year worth of warranty. But they're asking 6000 Firm. A bit high if you ask me. Dad's looking for something newer and cheap, i'm looking for something that's worth what they're asking, and that it's a quality built boat. I'm a mechanic, i can handle fixing small things. I've been a member on this board for a while now and have learned a ton about finding rot and the consequences of having rot. The last boat we had, we had it for 17 years, i was 10 at the time, and i remmeber playing with the soft spot in the floor while we were test driving it! All i've heard my whole life, and i'm not saying it's true or not, and i don't want to offend anyone, is that bayliners are cheaper scale beginners boats. So, assuming this glastron turns out to be free of rot (i haven't looked at it and i really doubt that!) and this bayliner does look to be clean, what would the masses choose? The main purpose this will be used for is tubing/skiing, but spending the majority of the time in a cove relaxing swimming, depending on weather family goes or friends go. At times there will be 4-6 people on it, and i'm thinking the larger glastron would be the way to go just for the power/roominess. Too many options out there! Thanks for your opinions. And i'm done blabbering.