3.0 ltre sx trim help

epflynn

Cadet
hey guys new to vovlo motors and outdrives i have a 2003 boat it will trim down but not up i was thinking the relays were bad boat its on a lift and i have to get it off and on trailer, if the down relay works and the up does not could i swap relays till i get it out of water or are they different, i dont want to mess up lower unit by trailering it with the unit down thanks in advance Eric, everything is in perfect shape well maintained it has never been left in the water. thanks

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 3.0 ltre sx trim help

It takes both relays to go up or down.
If all you want to do is raise the drive, make yourself a couple of jumper wires. Disconnect the trim pump motor plug and use your jumper to hot wire the motor to the battery. Use the blue wire to positive on the battery, and the green wire to negative on the battery. For down, you reverse them.

Here is a thread that will help you troubleshoot your trim problem.
http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=492684

epflynn

Cadet

thank you so much i can trouble shoot once its out of the water just need to get it out first, what type of ends should i use for jumper wires to hook into the harness on pump. thanks again for the help

Don S

Alligator clips work fine if you don't let them touch each other.

epflynn

Cadet

it was the up relay went bad, fixed that, but then almost got stuck out sunday it wouldnt do anything now gonna trouble shoot this week thank you

epflynn

Cadet

ok just went threw and checked with meter i am not getting power to the trim unit, i have followed the trouble shooting list and still nothing, i have power to the top post of the 50 amp breaker but not @ bottom post. it is not tripped i just want to make sure this is what it is before i buy 1 any ideas, thanks again

Don S

You have a bad breaker. Replace it.

epflynn

Cadet

Thanks again Don S. someone should make your post a sticky. went and got a new breaker today replaced it and the trim works fine again, thanks again for all your help.