06' Yamaha F150TXR problems

will941s

Chief Petty Officer
2006 Yamaha F150TXR, 4-stroke: Motor will only hit full RPM's for a short period of time, then fall back to about 4,000RPM's . The idle goes up and down between 500-700 RPM's and wont level off. To top it off, the primer bulb won't get hard.

Whats been done: New plugs, new VST filter, new water fuel separator unit, new line from the separator to the engine, new primer bulb......still really no change at all. All lines are tight, no leaks on anything.

Any advice on what might be going on?

mearguy71

Cadet
Re: 06' Yamaha F150TXR problems

Walmart sells plastic external fuel tanks that you could try to fill with fresh non ethanol fuel so that you can eliminate bad fuel being the problem. Also heard of people mentioning anti siphons valves in fuel tanks can cause similar problems so kill 2 birds with one stone. Could also be the fuel pump.

will941s

Chief Petty Officer

Thanks, I will give it a shot with the external fuel tank. When you hold your hand on the primer ball, you can feel it losing pressure.

mearguy71

Cadet

Im sure you probably did this but just asking. When you replaced the fuel water seperator fuel filter did you fill the canister back up with fuel before you screwed it back on?

Bob Gilvary

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks, I will give it a shot with the external fuel tank. When you hold your hand on the primer ball, you can feel it losing pressure.

Non-issue, they should go slack and fuel will just flow through them after priming.

Bob Gilvary

Petty Officer 1st Class

Non-issue, they should go slack and fuel will just flow through them after priming.
An external tank will help isolate the problem.