Boat carpet adhesive?

barticus73

Cadet
I have a Quantum fish & ski boat and the carpet on the rear deck is starting to lift and I wanted to see what people think is the best adhesive to use for the repair.

2011-07-10 16.27.51.jpg

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: Boat carpet adhesive?

I used 6700 adhesive from home depot which is indoor/outdoor stuff works great.........

pmillar

Petty Officer 1st Class

+1 indoor/outdoor adhesive should do just fine. I used it on bunks (plus staples) and it's holding up well.

paultjohnson

Lieutenant Commander

Auto parts store had a Carpet and Headliner Spray on Adhesive made by Permatex that has served me well;,

MAXXIE

Chief Petty Officer

I picked up "Henry 663" I picked up at Lowes, good stuff. One thing to check for though, the first time I used this stuff I had a good rubber backed carpet & had no issues. I just laid new carpet down again, new deck, & did not really look at the outdoor carpet I bought very good, it didn't have such a thick rubber backing on it like the first time & the glue did soak through the carpet in a few spots because I laid the glue down a little too thick. I was able to clean it up after it cured, but I thought I ruined it at first. Do a little test piece first no matter what you use.