dead in the water

t-man866

Recruit
This is my first time at this so please excuse me if I do something wrong.
I just picked up a 1992 Bayliner 2755 cierra sunbridge that has been setting on
blocks seince 2003.Its powered by 5.7 mercruiser alfa one, is what it says on the engine
cover. After brings it home and cleaning it up I put it in the water. After about 45mins
to an hour of everything going just fine it acted like it was shifted into neutral. The engine was still running but started to over heat. We shut it off and let it cool down
and tried it agian. When put in forword nothing.When put in reverse the engine dies.
We got towed in, put it on the trailer and now its yard art in my front yard. Any and
all suggestions as to what might be wrong greatly appreciated.

thank you
t-man866

Bondo

Staff member
Re: dead in the water

This is my first time at this so please excuse me if I do something wrong.
I just picked up a 1992 Bayliner 2755 cierra sunbridge that has been setting on
blocks seince 2003.Its powered by 5.7 mercruiser alfa one, is what it says on the engine
cover. After brings it home and cleaning it up I put it in the water. After about 45mins
to an hour of everything going just fine it acted like it was shifted into neutral. The engine was still running but started to over heat. We shut it off and let it cool down
and tried it agian. When put in forword nothing.When put in reverse the engine dies.
We got towed in, put it on the trailer and now its yard art in my front yard. Any and
all suggestions as to what might be wrong greatly appreciated.

thank you
t-man866

Ayuh,... Welcome Aboard,... Ya Blew the Coupler,...
It lives between the motor, 'n the drive...

Up in the Adults Only section at the top of this forum, you'll find Loads of Info on yer motor, 'n drive...