Have Minus-Fifteen-Foot-Itis...

sasto

Captain
Looking at a WaterTender 9.4. She is all high density polyethelene and in really good shape. Comes with a 4HP Johnson Seahorse. Asking price $500. Anybody know anything about these?
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

pencil.png

Attachments

• tender top.jpg
    tender top.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 0
  • tender side.jpg
    tender side.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 0
  • tender evinrude.jpg
    tender evinrude.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 0

foodfisher

Captain
Re: Have Minus-Fifteen-Foot-Itis...

Add some air jets and a bikini or two and your good to go.

sasto

Captain

Add some air jets and a bikini or two and your good to go.

Me in a bikini? If you say so, foodfisher. :eek:

Anybody have any thoughts about this boat or motor before I dawn a bikini and take her for a spin?

haley

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I am thinking that with the motor included for that price you can't go wrong (except, with the bikini). If time and money were of less concern I'd encourage you to check out Chesapeake Light craft (clcboats.com - no affiliation). They offer kits for small wooden tenders that come out looking like furniture. But you will turn enough heads in this dinghy with your bikini.

hungupthespikes

Master Chief Petty Officer

WaterTender are OK, but not so good as a boat tender, but would be great for running around your Marina in a bikini, size 14?

sasto

Captain

I am thinking that with the motor included for that price you can't go wrong (except, with the bikini). If time and money were of less concern I'd encourage you to check out Chesapeake Light craft (clcboats.com - no affiliation). They offer kits for small wooden tenders that come out looking like furniture. But you will turn enough heads in this dinghy with your bikini.

WaterTender are OK, but not so good as a boat tender, but would be great for running around your Marina in a bikini, size 14?

OK guys....I dawned my bikini and went for a test run. :facepalm: I wasn't impressed as I was looking at it. She is a pig in the water. No lights, no trailer. no bilge pump or battery.

I'm looking for something the kids can use around the river and something we can take along our travels and the Keys. Also something I can tow easily behind a boat and use as a tender.

Sorry, haley. Nothing I build out of wood will look like furnature, except maybe from Goodwill, I've been there!

sasto

Captain

I have my eyes on this boat. She is owned by a mechanic. New AwlGrip interior paint. New battery. New bilge pump. New steering. New wiring. Excellent trailer. $1000. What do you think?
attachment.php

attachment.php

skiff1.jpgskiff2.jpg

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

I have my eyes on this boat. She is owned by a mechanic. New AwlGrip interior paint. New battery. New bilge pump. New steering. New wiring. Excellent trailer. $1000. What do you think?

I don't know, I can't get you in a bikini out of my mind......

MY EYES MY EYES!!!

hungupthespikes

Master Chief Petty Officer

Sorry it didn't work out. I did find them very stable for a small boat, getting on and off.
Lights (day boat) Bilge pump? A beach towel, and a big tumbler, no wait, can't dump the drink, hand pump? Boat tender? 3 people, cooler, beach chairs, 5hp max trying to get over 2ft. breakers in the Keys.:eek:
Pulling behind the big boat, they are a trip. Short line to keep the bow up and the motor has to come off, long line and they act like a tube, you have to do "S" turns to get them back over the boat's wake.
The kids. In a slow marina but the river?
How about a compromise? Fun for the kids and dad. Covered bow, deep V, and some HP.
View attachment 102242
I've seen dad tap a bolt in the front and BACK of the throttle to limit speed.
And yes, junior would get out of sight and run full bore in reverse.

sasto

Captain

How about a compromise? Fun for the kids and dad. Covered bow, deep V, and some HP..

I have one of those, hungupthespikes. We are taking out the skiff shortly (soon as the Lady is ready) and if she runs as well as I've seen her run, we are gonna git 'er.