This trade worth it???

Airwolf9090

Seaman Apprentice
I have someone who wants my 3-wheeler and a Feed Dolly i have in trade for his boat... Does anyone know if its worth it??? The 3-wheeler is a 1985 Honda 125M ATC it has seen better days but it runs like new....
This is the boat.

boat4.jpg
3n63m63lb5T05Q15W3b5r741dfd0d3f4c1508.jpg
3na3m73o25V15T65S6b5r8ab93314f4f510de.jpg
3k13m63ld5O05Y15X4b5r2263ff048c7f1790.jpg

hostage

Lieutenant
Re: This trade worth it???

Could you get any better pictures? Does it have a working engine? Granted you have an item that was discontiuned because of the danger of flipping. If the boat works and is good condition, maybe. Do you have any more specs on the boat, etc?

Airwolf9090

Seaman Apprentice

How about the HIN? Would that be helpful? He says this is the HIN "suits001n81a"

Airwolf9090

Seaman Apprentice

Oh yea he said it needs a thermostat housing and a battery

sw33ttooth

Chief Petty Officer

from the picture it looks like it was supose to have an outboard but is missing it and being that dirty i bet it needs 2 new tires at 50-60 bucks a pop. then go to the floor guessing that it just sits there for the last decade in rain and snow, so there probably isnt much of one. i'd keep the 3-wheeler if i was you parts are widely availible and you know what problems it has if any.

Airwolf9090

Seaman Apprentice

Its a inboard. and not to much snow if any down here around Savannah..... In this area a boat could look like that after siting for only half a year. but he said he don't remember if 2000 or 2004 was the last time it was registered.

Airwolf9090

Seaman Apprentice

I put trust in people's words around here its a country thing but his own words is "The eng is good, the floor is not rotten, and the trl in good shape and the outdrive should not fall off..... lol

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

I'd give that boat about a 75% chance of being completely rotted. Only pursue this if you're looking for a major project. This will not be a "throw some parts on it and go boating" kinda deal. At least not safely anyway.

freelancer

Petty Officer 1st Class

How long has it been parked under that tree without a cover:facepalm:...watch out for snakes, spiders and yellow Jackets:eek:

ryanr623

Chief Petty Officer

I'd give that boat about a 75% chance of being completely rotted. Only pursue this if you're looking for a major project. This will not be a "throw some parts on it and go boating" kinda deal. At least not safely anyway.

Really? That low of a chance? :)

OP pictures can only go so far. You need to get to the boat and thoroughly check the floors, transom, and engine.

How much is the 3-wheeler worth anyways?

Airwolf9090

Seaman Apprentice

I know i won't know anything for sure until i look at it but its about an hour drive from here and hate to think i might pass on a really good deal because i didn't go but then again i don't have the money to waste to go look and not get it.... I could always go get it clean it up and if its too much to handle just turn around and sell it as is. shoot i got a 1985 19ft bayliner for free with no engine with a trailer with bad wheel bearings and just washed it and turned around and sold it for $400.. What you think it might be worth if i got it cleaned it up and it was solid and went to turn around and sale it?

I would give the worth of the 3-wheeler around $500 if i am lucky people don't look for them anymore...

Airwolf9090

Seaman Apprentice

This is the 3-wheeler and dolly that the guy wants....3wheeler1.jpg
3wheeler2.jpg
dolly2.jpg
dolly1.jpg

crablegs

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I give it a lower chance...I say 99% chance that you have to replace the decks, stringers, and the transom, and do a lot of work on the engine, if the engine isnt completely locked up after sitting that long. Your looking at probably a couple thousand dollars for all that, but that would be a really sweet boat!

bonz_d

Vice Admiral

Trailer may be worth a couple hundred, hull would be a huge question mark. Sitting outside unused for 10+ years.

bashr52

Chief Petty Officer

Instead of guessing what shape it may or may not be in from those little pictures, I think it would be worth making the trip to see it in person. That way you wouldnt need to speculate on the kind of shape it may be in.

Airwolf9090

Seaman Apprentice

I think i forgot to say he was asking $2000 for the boat....

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

what is the engine? Hopefully a mercruiser or Volvo..You do NOT want those 3 little letters..O.M.C.!

I would be gracious and double Ez's assesment, but 500 bucks would be the ceiling as is, where is.

paw2000

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I would look at it this way, the 3 wheeler is antiquated, and the dolly replaceable. I would take the boat in trade. Even if it turns out to have issues, still has value. I realize the importance of rotten decks and stringers, but an uncovered boat is not more susceptible to more rot then a covered. How many times you see a boat covered and the cover is filled with water, slowly dripping in the same spot for months. Uncovered, it get wet and then dries, that boat should be self draining deck, worth the trade in m opinion. As for the trailer, (like buying a used car) expect tires, bearings, brakes if it has them to be replaced. That boat style here at the jersey shore worth 1500, running 2500

Airwolf9090

Seaman Apprentice

Now thats what i was thinking even not running if it was cleaned up like how i did the Bayliner i could make some kind of money but the only thing thats keeping me from doing it is that 3-wheeler bought it new from the dealer way back when so alot of memories tied up with it....