Grill on small bowrider??! I have a 2000 Capri 1850 that I would love to have a smal

Moulin6801

Cadet
Hey guys, I would love to have a small grill on my Bayliner 1850, Capri, but I just have not idea how to pull that off without getting even more cramped.
I am new to boating, in fact this is my first boat. Loving it so far, and would be great to be able to grill some hotdogs to the boys while we are out.
Thanks for all input, specially for PHOTOS !!
David

45Auto

Commander
Re: Grill on small bowrider??! I have a 2000 Capri 1850 that I would love to have a

Check out the Magma grills that are made for boating. They hang off the side from a rail or bracket. We have one on our Sundancer, it works great!

www.magmaproducts.com

dockwrecker

Lieutenant
Re: Grill on small bowrider??! I have a 2000 Capri 1850 that I would love to have a

Hate my Magma. Hate it hate it hate it! Mine is the round one with the detachible lid that has branded my hands/forearms more times than I can count, assuming I get it lit in the first place. I'd never buy another one without a hinged lid, and hopefully the newer ones stay lit. Get the right bracket kit and CLAMP that sucker down also, they love to slip off.

26aftcab454

Lieutenant Commander

definitely has to hang over side-even gas cuz the grease will drip--charcoal is more trouble but taste better-IMHO_ if you can pull up on a sand bar just set up a cheap portable--everything classified for boat use is $$$

Pierutrus

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Unless you own a big cruiser/yacht, stick with the beach for grilling.......Less headaches.:D

southkogs

Staff member

+1 on the "beach grillin'"

Hendersonville - not too far away from me down in Murfreesboro. Do you go out on Old Hickory most of the time?

I've got an 18' footer and really don't like the idea of trying to grill on board. 1.) too much equipment taking up space. 2.) not crazy about the idea of a greasy grill spittin' stuff all over and 3.) just too much hassle when I'd rather be boating. We typically just take things we can pack in a cooler, but some of the insulated bags will keep stuff pretty warm too (if we pre-cook) especially on these ridiculous 95? days.

We've been out on Priest, Center Hill, Normandy and Tim's Ford, and on at least Normandy (where we go most of the time) there are a couple of nice beaches to pull up to and grill at. I like that a little better. Center Hill has several spots like that, and I would assume Priest does too. Don't know about Old Hickory or Tim's Ford (only been down there once).

lncoop

Vice Admiral

Maybe you could get Dockwrecker to give you his.:p First the caveat. I use mine on a party barge, so consider my input with that in mind. I have this one and absolutely love it. Relatively inexpensive and can be used on boat or island. Doesn't come with mounting hardware, but at 140 bucks for the grill you can buy whatever brackets you need to make it work with your boat and still come out ahead. Mine is into its second summer and has held up great thus far. I typically use it three or four times between cleanings, and to clean I just lay it on the driveway and hit all the parts with a pressure washer. Now, this is all predicated on the assumption that you have a rail. If you don't, I would strongly discourage you from grilling on board.:cool:

DBreskin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I don't have any problem using an onboard grill as long as it's mounted to hang over the side. My problem (on a 20' bowrider) is where to store it when it's not in use.

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

I don't have any problem using an onboard grill as long as it's mounted to hang over the side. My problem (on a 20' bowrider) is where to store it when it's not in use.

It looks like you have an integral swim platform.... If that is the case then a large cooler held on with some bungees makes a great storage box and ur junk doesn't get wet in a cooler