1975 Johnson sea horse

Bowhunter0725

Recruit
I have a 1975 johnson sea horse that i just recently purchased. The engine is in great shape with a clean carburetor, good spark plugs. The only trouble i am having is keeping the motor running. I can get motor to fire with a little squirt of starter fluid, but it will only keep running for about 15 to 30 seconds. . . could this be something with the float? or any ideas on how to get it running would be greatly appreciated. Thanks CD

Bowhunter0725

Recruit
Re: 1975 Johnson sea horse

Oh i left of the part that it is a 6hp, i haven't been able to find anything on the fuel/oil ratio, is any special ratio for it? Thanks CD

85 BOMBER

Seaman

Have you checked compression yet? How long has it been since it was used? May need a carb overhaul. But check compression and check for good strong blue spark first.

BonairII

Commander

Maybe starved for gas? Is it a pressurized system? If not, maybe bad fuel pump or something constricting your fuel supply.

Bowhunter0725

Recruit

The motor has never been used since it was rebuilt, I tore the carb apart and everything in it looks good. Starved for gas maybe an idea, when i pump up the bulb it will fill up and get semi hard but won't get rock solid. . . could that be the problem?