Leaking Seal in trim ram....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ksudol1

Recruit
I have a leaking seal in the trim ram (hydraulic fluid). It appears to be coming out of the o-ring (around the seal) Anyways the marina says that we need to buy a whole new part which is over 500.00 because volvo doesnt just sell the ring. Does anyone have any thoughts for a Volvo Penta SX. We just got the boat 3 days ago.

burp

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Leaking Seal in trim ram....

Ksudol1,

Thoughts on Volvo......Parts and service are a little harder to locate than Merc. Performance parts basically don't exist for Volvo. Performance/reliability wise, I had a Volvo 5.7L with SX outdrive from 1998 to 2003........both performed flawless (much better than my curent Merc engine). Like everything, how it is treated and maintained has a big impact on reliability.

Regarding the trim cylinder leak and question, that will most likely get a better viewing and response if posted over on the Volvo folder. http://forums.iboats.com/forumdisplay.php?f=444

water world

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Leaking Seal in trim ram....

if you are looking for used part a late cobra drive is the same as volvo version. the difference is splines on propshaft

Status
Not open for further replies.