Serious trailer to cribbing advise needed

Johnny Be Cool

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Boat- 1990 24' Regal Ambassador, 9' beam, 6000#

Need your advice on where to place cribbing and boatstands (screwjack goes to 4'), in order to paint the bottom. I have read several methods but thought best if someone saw some pictures and knows of the boat height to ground measurment, that they would have a better ideal.

The trailer frame is very tall and the addition of the bunk rails make it even taller and hard to load. I loaded the boat by myself last season and pulled it too close, but had no other choice but leave it as is. So now, the transom end is about 1 ft. from the trailer crossmember.

The transom ends by the trim tabs are 39" tall from the ground. The transom keel is 24" and the bow keel is 27" from the ground.

I bought 2 boat jackstands that go to 4 ft. I have enough 4x4's to build the keel cribbing at the bow and transom. By looking at the photos where best to place the jackstands, near the trimtabs or closer towards the keel?

I've read to lower the bow to get the transom up, then place jackstands, then raise the bow and place the cribbing under the bow.

Please advise on where to place transom stands and how to take the boat off the trailer. Thanks!

Last edited:

Johnny Be Cool

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Serious trailer to jack stand advise needed

Re: Serious trailer to jack stand advise needed

ANYBODY?????

Also, How wide should the cribbing be, 2'x2' ?