Wiring gremlins

G

I had my new to me boat out on the water Sat. and Sun. it was a good time .
:confused: Only one problem.....where the h*ll did the wiring gremlins come from: I had things turning on/off all by themselves, dash lights going on/off, lost engine electical power a couple of times and who knows what else :mad:
The only good thing was that I was able to get her back to port without a tow :eek:
Does anyone know where I get my hands on an ORIGINAL SHOP SERVICE MANUAL for my 87 Doral Tara 22'.
I am a retired mechanic and find it a lot easier to trace down this type of problem when you have the original wiring there in front of you as a base to start from, plus there is a lot someone elses mess in there as well :facepalm:

JBF 1962

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Wiring gremlins

I have the wiring schematic for the Cavalier/Citation, not sure how close to the Tara they are though, I'd try that gal at Doral, see if she can send you the one you need. Definately sucks when ppl thing they need to change the wiring around and use the rediculous connectors rather than join wires properly >.<

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

You are experiencing power drop outs. Start at the battery and disconnect each connection, clean it thoroughly and then tighten securely. Check the battery cable connections on the starter solenoid, the starter itself, and then disconnect the plugs and connectors in the engine bay. When done there, get down and under the console and do a thorough inspection checking tightness of all connections.

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

Take a small charged box and fill it with lead and an acidic solution & then energized it until it sustains it's own current. Add copper stranded wire, tinned stranded wire, steel (bare, galvanized, and stainless), brass materials, and throw in a bit of plated metals and low grade "who knows what" on top of it. Hook it all together, and refuse to add anti-corrosive treatments. Drop it into a bath of brackish, tannic, and/or salt water. Now, add a mish mash of other electrical equipment to it, and neglect proper care and maintenance for 10-15 years. Check only when necessary.

For the life of me, I cannot imagine where wiring gremlins come from!!! :D:facepalm:

**All in good fun! This was not directed at you, but to the people that neglect their boats and complain when something happens to them.**

hrdwrkingacguy

Petty Officer 1st Class

wiring gremlins are easy...Its the newer rice burners that are really hard to deal with...:eek: