Evinrude Sweet 16

patman10

Recruit
I have picked up a 1965 Sweet 16 and I am looking to restore it. It's not in bad shape but I would love to replace the outside body moulding. The right corner is missing and If I can't find a replacement possibly I can replace it all. Any idea where i might find replacements would be greatly appreciated.

fstorm08

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Evenrude Sweet 16

Welcome to the forum! :)

patman10

Recruit

Thanks, this is the first time I have ever owned a boat and since I am retired and now live upstate NY where their are lots of lakes and great fishing I thought this would make a nice project and keep me busy. I think it'd actually called the Sport 16. It came with an 80 Horse Merc that runs real well.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

A Merc on an Evinrude boat? That's just a travesty :p

scon7391

Cadet
Re: Evinrude Sweet 16

Hello all!! New here, How is the sweet 16 project coming along? I too just picked up one, it's a 1966 with the 100hp evinrude (currently rebuilding) I was stopped on the way home with it and someone said I should put Tony Stewart or home depot labels on it, yes, its an orange and white eyesore lol...The boat sat out for number of years so I am also pulling the old carpet and seats as we speak,,,,but being retired it is keeping me busy....I am going to have to find some capicity plates as well, those are missing, I seen a place or two onine that I can order them from. Hoping to get in the lake this year if I can get the motor back together and running.....

QC

Supreme Mariner
Re: Evinrude Sweet 16

Hello scon. Welcome aboard. The OP hasn't posted in almost a year. Prolly best to let this thread die. Please start your own thread, we'd love to see pictures :)