need help with prop and thrust washer

bassfever

Cadet
Hey guys im new here so i hope i done this right i just bought a bayliner with a 1989 85hp force engine i was installing a new water pump when i removed the prop i noticed where something has been rubbing the prop where it connects to the foot. after further inspection it doesent seem to have hurt the foot just worn a groove in prop if im correct there should be a washer between the prop and foot ive been on web for two days trying to find one all marinas say they can no longer get one any help on part number or site where i can get one would be much appreciated.

bassfever

Cadet
Re: need help with prop and thrust washer

ive been to all three in the area and thay said they cant get one i guess cause they think a force is a off brand and wont make enough money off of me i just found two different ones on ebay i guess ill just buy them both and hope one works thanks

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
Re: need help with prop and thrust washer

Oh, NONSENSE! Force engines can use some Mercury props and MOST Mercury thrust washers. Go to the local Merc dealer and buy a thrust washer for a Merc engine somewhere around 1990-1998 90 to 125 HP. ask for one that will fit a 15 spline prop shaft, 13 inch diameter prop.