Have dual line tank
Will stay running if the primer is pushed repeatedly
Any ideas
Thanks
Tom

Daviet

Fleet Admiral
Re: 1956 RDE-18 help

Is the cap tight on the tank? One of the hoses is used to pressurize the tank, any crack or loose connection will not allow the tank to pressurize.

SPK

Seaman

Tom,
Sounds like your tank is not holding pressure. It must be air tight. Is gas leaking anywhere around the top of the tank or at the fuel connector at the motor[on the end of your dual line hose that clips onto the engine]? Is the gas cap tight? The pressurized tank pumps air which forces fuel through the fuel line to the motor. If air is escaping during this process the fuel can't be pumped properly. At the end of the fuel line connector[part that attaches to motor from dual line] there are tiny o rings inside this fitting. They are a little tricky to replace but you can do it yourself. You may have an air or fuel leak here.
Tell us more as there are lots of people on the site who know a lot more about this than I do. They helped me with the same type of problem and my motor is now running pretty good.
Sean.

Ninjafied

Seaman

Hey thanks guys I'll check all the lines in the morning and the tank
Will post back with the results

Ninjafied

Seaman

So I fixed the gasket on the tank and replaced all the air lines
The connection at the motor is leaking I guess the o rings so I bypassed it using one line from tank to motor
The motor runs longer now but still stalls out any thing I might be missing
Thanks
Tom

Ninjafied

Seaman

Ok all fixed the orifice tube from the motor was plugged solid cleaned up the motor runs great thanks to all the helped
Tom