Alarm circuit question

flaxterra

Seaman Apprentice
I am in the process of repowering my boat. It is a 92 evinrude 60 hp. It has VRO. The omc manual shows an alarm for overheating and vro in the control box. I dont have a evinrude control box. I need to wire in a alarm for the vro and overheat. Has anyone done this? Also could someone explain the circuit to me. Can it go into a safe mode if the alarm goes off?? Any info would be great. Thanks.

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Re: Alarm circuit question

If it is remote control, what are you using for a wiring harness and controls??

flaxterra

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Alarm circuit question

Hmm, not sure I understand the question. Its the factory harness, but in the manual it shows a factory style control box that bolts to the side of a console. Where the control cables go. Mine is differant from the shop manual, when I ground the temp switch on the old motor, I heard no alarm. I am assuming that either mine has no alarm or is not hooked up. I havent swapped motors yet, I am trying to make sure everything is going to work properly. Either way, I was wondering if someone has ever wired in their own alarm. I was also asking if someone knew how the circuit worked, as in the vro. I know the temp part is just a switch, once it gets to a certain temp it sets the alarm. I was wondering about how the vro worked.