Water Well Clorineator Help

Autotech

Petty Officer 1st Class
After the 2011 flood, I cleaned the tank (250 gal).and and clorinator tank(25 gal). for our community water well. Got the well going just as soon as the water went down to help people clean out cabins and that is working fine. My clorinator injects a small amount every time the pump comes on. Just cut the wires on it at that time so it would not run. Now yesterday I wired it back up and it runs but I cant get it to prime up and inject clorine. Is there some trick to get it primed back up. Tried taking a water hose and front flush to prime than tried back flush still nothing. We paid $850.00 last sept. for this new clorinator pump. It did go under water for about a month but it seems the motor is working, just not the pump. Any thoughts would be appeciated.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: Water Well Clorineator Help

What kind of pump is it? Brand, daily output rating and pressure. Is it a diaphram and check ball pump? You can call me and I can help you. I will pm you with my number.

Autotech

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks Boom
Checked it yesterday an it seems to have prime itself. Dont know how but it did. I'll have to see what brand and pressure rating don't know that info. will get back to you if I have any more problems.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

I worked on a similar system about 20 years ago for the Town's main water supply. The chlorine ate away inside the pump and did massive corrosion which I eventually got cleaned out. It was a similar scenario where the pump had been "off line" for some time. You might have to dig deeper into the pump and pay real attention to the electrical circuit and motor.

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

Sometimes it just takes a little time for the chlorinator to refill with water in the injection (or venturi) line.