hummingbird fish/depth finder

misdeal

Seaman
i have a 525 hummingbird fish finder its about 4 years old, has worked great till now, just launched the boat for the season on the way to the dock i turned on the fish finder and its reading the bottom, displaying water temp but depth only reads 1.7 , 1.6, 2.0 then back to 1.7 when i know im in 15 feet of water,, any thoughts on whats wrong or how to fix it ???? thanks

NYBo

Admiral
Re: hummingbird fish/depth finder

Sounds like it's showing the depths in fathoms instead of feet. Go through the menu to change the units of measure.

misdeal

Seaman

thank you for the info, will check it out,

Pez Vela

Chief Petty Officer

Quit driving over schools of fish and you'll be fine.

misdeal

Seaman

update:::::::: its not reading in phathoms also when i tried to get into the advanced menu to restore defaults it will not let me, called hummingbird, they said it sounds like there is something wrong with the transducer and with my buttons,, buttons seem to work just fine and the transducer is reading the bottom and water temp,,seems to me that the trouble is with the unit itself,,,hummingbird said its a 75.00 flate rate + shipping to repair it which means this unit is going in the trash since i can buy a new one for 130.00