91 Searay starting problems

bentstorey

Recruit
I have had my boat for about four months now and have enjoyed it when we've had it out on the water. I am having issues with it starting though. It started fine the first time we took it out but then the next time I took it out when I turned the key I got nothing. We ended up jumping the two posts on the slave solenoid just to get it started. Well I replaced the slave solenoid and it started fine for, I would say, 15 to twenty times and then all of a sudden I turned the key and once again nothing. I checked everything out and finally decided that maybe I was sold a bad solenoid so I took it off, took it back and got another one. I put the second solenoid on and once again it started fine. We went the next day to the lake and it fired up fine the entire day. But just yesterday I was cleaning my boat up at home and I put the muffs on it to run it and, you guessed it, nothing.

After the first solenoid I figured well maybe it was a faulty part that I was sold but now after the second one I'm not so sure. Also since I can jump the two post on the slave solenoid and it turns the engine over without any hesitation whatsoever, my very limited mechanical smarts tells me that the starter and it's solenoid are fine. Please if anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated. It's perfect lake weather and I am stranded!!!