Questions about Lowe Silhoette 19 ft deckboat???

duganderson

Cadet
Lowe Silhouette 2220 draft? Other info needed too??

I'm also looking at buying a 1993 Lowe Silhouette 19 foot deck boat with a 115 Evinrude outboard?

Does anyone know the draft of this boat? We need a boat with a very shallow draft?

Also, does this boat drive and handle well? How does it handle chop?

We are interested in this for a family boat for fishing and water skiing...any opinions if this is a good boat.

Thanks, Doug

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: Questions about Lowe Silhoette 19 ft deckboat???

If you want ride quality and shallow draft, you're pretty well limited to a pontoon. A shallow drafting deck boat will handle better than a toon but will knock your fillings out in the chop.

If this is the one you're looking at, or similar http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/csw/boa/2404120072.html it looks to definitely have a very shallow draft.

lncoop

Vice Admiral

Yep. Shallow draft and low freeboard, which together equal rough wet ride. That's not always a bad thing (sorry, never met a double entendre I could resist:p), but is definitely something to consider seriously. That said, that kind of boat would meet your stated needs very well. I've come close to buying similar ones several times but never pulled the trigger because I was concerned the admiral wouldn't like it due to the ride.

Bamaman1

Lieutenant Commander

A deckboat is essentially a low profile tri hull boat with the passengers sitting on top of the boat--instead of down inside the hull. It is a compromise for someone that needs room and still wants to pull a water skier/tuber. They have a high center of gravity, and will not ride as smooth as a larger VHull boat.

I would suggest looking for an 18' to 20' V Hull bowrider boat--if skiing is your thing. If you had a large budget, I would suggest getting a tri-toon with a 150 hp 4 stroke motor.

Remember that towing a boat that can handle a crowd also takes a large RWD tow vehicle--no mini-vans or small pickups.

Good luck!