what do you clean your fish on?

coinman1947

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I was laying a board across some saw hoarse in the back yard but that puts a strain on my lower back, the older i get the worse it hurts. I decided to build a stainless steel table and sink combo. I picked up a sink here and a sheet of stainless there,some angle-iron and a little elbow grease and a couple of days later i have me a TALL table to work off of. Still add some extras as i go. My wife thinks i go " overboard " on a lot of this boating and fishing stuff. O-well - Got to stay busy- heres some pics so far:)-
DSCF1437.jpg
-
DSCF1429.jpg
-
DSCF1428.jpg
-
DSCF1447.jpg
-
DSCF1450.jpg

superbenk

Commander
Re: what do you clean your fish on?

Nice! My solution is to never actually catch any fish when I go fishing. Makes cleaning them a snap! :D

DuckHunterJon

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Fish caught on the boat get cleaned on the boat. Fish caught through the ice get cleaned in the basement on a chunk of countertop that sits on the stove (next to a laundry sink).

Your cleaning station looks great though, great that it's outside where you can hose it off quickly. Nice work. If I could offer one suggestion - slather a couple of coats of epoxy resin on that back splash, and run a bead of calk along the joint between it and the counter. If not, it's going to take on a unique aroma after a while.

coinman1947

Petty Officer 3rd Class

:DSuperbenk, some times i agree, but i sure to like a big mess of fryed fish and hushpuppys. hhhmmm -hhhmmm.Marlinpruett, as it sits installed in the ground,its 40 inches from the pad to the table top, I'm 6 ft 2 inches tall so i don't have to bend over at all.-
DSCF1445.jpg
-
DSCF1446.jpg
-I made it extra tall to start with so i could set it in the ground, believe me it's not going to move around. DuckHunter Jon, good catch about sealing the back spash wood, I was going to do that, and got the cart before the hoarse, but i'm going to seal it like you said cause it would get kinda stinky. thahks for all the suggestions

AZBoatDreamer

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Humm what do I clean my fish on. Nothing. There aint no fish to be caught in AZ. :p

Deeppowder

Seaman Apprentice

In my 14? aluminum the fish get cleaned right on the boats bench. In the new boat, I tried a piece of board laid across the stern of the boat. Still have to cut it to size though.

aspeck

Staff member

I practice catch and release ... not because I am environmentally friendly, but because I am lazy! I catch my fish from the lake, but I fry my fish from the fish market! ;):p

paultjohnson

Lieutenant Commander

My neighbors pickinicinic table if they arent home....

cribber

Lieutenant

I clean them from my plate!!! :D:D:D

coinman1947

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Paultjohnson, Now thats funny----(My neighbors pickinicinic table if they arent home):D:D:D:D:D and everyone should be nice to there neighbors:)

Fishing Dude too

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Somthing about like you built, well it is a common space cleaning station. It is kept very clean, and smell is low to none.

Fishing Dude too

Lieutenant Junior Grade

:DSuperbenk, some times i agree, but i sure to like a big mess of fryed fish and hushpuppys. hhhmmm -hhhmmm.Marlinpruett, as it sits installed in the ground,its 40 inches from the pad to the table top, I'm 6 ft 2 inches tall so i don't have to bend over at all.-
DSCF1445.jpg
-
DSCF1446.jpg
-I made it extra tall to start with so i could set it in the ground, believe me it's not going to move around. DuckHunter Jon, good catch about sealing the back spash wood, I was going to do that, and got the cart before the hoarse, but i'm going to seal it like you said cause it would get kinda stinky. thahks for all the suggestions

Sorry to hear you are vertically challenged. At 6'8" have little sympithy about your problem. lol

coinman1947

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: what do you clean your fish on? with pics included

Re: what do you clean your fish on? with pics included

:d:d:d just checking things out.