98 Larson - No Manual, what are all the knobs? (noobie)

mancho

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Ok, only had the boat for couple of months... but I need help to identify the knobs on my dash.

There are 4 of them, and all seem to be single post knobs (on off type of thing) with exception of 1, which seems to have 3 positions, (perhaps low, med and high?)

I have identified 2 of them as "blower" and "lights" but still have no clue what the other two do... here is a pic of it:

larson-dashboard.jpg

If someone knows of a good owners manual website, I would love to see what the manual costs. I have searched quite a bit and really haven't found anything satisfactory.

I believe the knob on the far left is the blower as I last recall. And yes, I could get under the dash and trace every wire, but I was hoping a knowledgeable sea cap'tain could tell me.

Thanks!

Raystownboater

Chief Petty Officer
Re: 98 Larson - No Manual, what are all the knobs? (noobie)

Besides the blower, you should have a bilge switch and a navigation light switch. If you locate those, then that is half your battle.

mancho

Petty Officer 2nd Class

ah, right. the bilge switch. I have seen the pump operate on pre-purchase, but I have never been able to get anything to happen when I hit the switches... perhaps because there isn't any water for the bilge pump to pick up.

That leaves the mysterious one left... maybe I'll trace it. What is the most common switches on boats?

bilge pump
blower
navigation lights
and ?

Thanks for the reply yorkboater!

mippel

Petty Officer 2nd Class

On my boat, i have 4 switches:
Blower
Lights 3 position All/Off/Anchor
Horn.

Do you know if your boat has a horn?

mancho

Petty Officer 2nd Class

mippel,

yes, the little white button you see in the picture, to the LEFT of the steering wheel and right of the key. thats the horn. I guess the mystery switch might not do anything... or maybe it kicks in the nitro injection? (haa haa)

RogersJetboat454

Commander

Do you have a stereo on board? Could be to cut the power to it. Other possibility is it's an accessory switch. Lots of manufacturers will ad an additional switch to the dash in case you have a little do-dad to add on like a fish/depth finder, extra lights, stereo, etc.

riverkeg

Petty Officer 3rd Class

The 3 position switch will be lights (I think). Off/Navigation/Anchor. The extra switch may be there for a factory option your boat may not have. Perhaps a swim platform shower? Certainly easy enough to see if anything is even connected to it and trace the colors. You've found the bilge and blower switches and I can't think of anything else that's a necessity.

AZSenza

Chief Petty Officer

The Far right switch is accessories, on my boat it operates the depth finder, where you have the blank and windshield wiper with a 4 position off, on depth, on wiper, on both. The switch to the right of the steering wheel is interior lights and my bilge pump has no switch, its an automatic.

AZSenza

Chief Petty Officer

By chance do you have an electric engine hatch? I need to see how the wires attach to the switch below the stereo. Anymore questions feel free to ask, I'm sure our boats are Very similar! I even have the owners manual for the boat, the engine and drive as well as the stereo! SHOCKING. Glad the previouse owner kept such great records!