Super Sport Floor Boards (diamond plate)

Green Giant

Cadet
Hello just want to start off and say this site is awesome!
I wasnt aware there were as many starcraft lovers out there untill i researched how to rebuild the transom and found iboats. I got some good pointers and did the project my self. If anyone is holding back dont, i managed to do 90% of the project with a cast on my right wrist!! Now i want to pull out my damaged floors and replace them with some 1/8" diamond plate alluminum. Before i dig in i figured i would see if there were any pointers the heads around here thought i should take into consideration?
Thank you in advance!
Jh

Jayb123

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Super Sport Floor Boards (diamond plate)

I wouldnt be able to help you directly, I dont have much experience with it... but a member on the forums here has a restoration where he did you some diamond plating for the floors. It looks real good.... and will outlast any wood floor. You might wanna read his restoration for some tips :D Good luck either way. http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=451433

LOL... EZ beat me by a min :p

West Coast

Cadet

It might get really hot if you don't coat it with something. Hate to seemyou burn your feet. The local Linex place did my steel deck on my equipment trailer, and it still looks good and stays cool to the touch on hot days.

AmigoAzul

Seaman Apprentice

Hello,

I did my floor with 1/2' ply and used white herculiner on the top and epoxy resin on the backside. I used the diamond plate to replace a mangled splash well. The floor is nice and tough and has lots of grip.

Green Giant

Cadet

It might get really hot if you don't coat it with something. Hate to seemyou burn your feet. The local Linex place did my steel deck on my equipment trailer, and it still looks good and stays cool to the touch on hot days.

I am all about doing the most "useable" method. I have a four year old son who fishes with me a lot and maybe the diamond plate will not be the most user friendly. Looks too good to not consider!! I am also thinking of changing the sea well to get some more room and possible storage. Has any one here done anything like that? I'm getting pumped to tear into it!!

Green Giant

Cadet

Here she is in the background of a nice nook':D

Attachments

• Phone Pics 249.jpg
    Phone Pics 249.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 0