Water in oil pressure line

BULLMASTIFF

Recruit
I have a150 Merc, around 1989, the oil injection pump is not been used so the gas is pre mix. when I ran it on the weekend I found the oil line to the gauge snapped, I realized this because water was coming out, I am thinking possible head gasket. Any one have a
similar problem??

j_martin

Admiral
Re: Water in oil pressure line

What oil line to what gauge?
There is a pressure gauge, but it is water pressure, and of course there would be water in the line.

BULLMASTIFF

Recruit
Re: Water in oil pressure line

What oil line to what gauge?
There is a pressure gauge, but it is water pressure, and of course there would be water in the line.

Thank you for your input, I have to tell you this is my first out board and my first time running it, when I first saw the broken line I was not concerned, it was when I woke up on Monday morning oil line just came to my head, the boat not been at my home I could not verify where it was coming from, my thought was oil injection pressure gauge.
I was reading after I posted my thread about water pressure gauges so I was starting to
feel a little more relaxed, your response has helped me rest more easy, I will take a fitting to repair the line on the weekend, it is a cheap fix if all else is good.

Thanks again,