4 blade prop

boatnut74

Lieutenant Commander
Im looking into getting a 4 blade stainless prop for my 19' galaxie tri hull boat. It currently has a 19x14 1/4 pitch stainless thats tops out at 39mph at 5100rpm. Reccomended rpm is 4400 to 4800. The 3 props that are available are the solas rubex, salas hr titan and the quicksilver typhoon. We do alot of water sports and heard a four blade would work good. Any suggestions on what one i should get. Any other suggestions on different pitch would be great to. Thanks.

SparkieBoat

Captain
Re: 4 blade prop

a 19 pitch four blade should give you more hole shot and lower your WOT RPMs. although considering your are going above your RPM range with your 3 blade you may not see a noticeable difference. trim tabs will also help a lot with hole shot

boatnut74

Lieutenant Commander

It already has trim tabs, sorry I forgot to mention that. It already does excellent on the hole shot and planes out decent. If were trying to ski at a lower speed it takes alot longer to plane out. I think I read somewhere a 4 blade would help with planing. I'm just curious wether a 4 blade would help wth handling and getting my rpm's where they need to be. I also have a 21 pitch stainless 3 blade but havnt tested that yet as we have been doing alot of water sports. I'll try to put that on soon to get some new numbers

SparkieBoat

Captain

the 21 pitch would get you down to your max recommended rpm range, but you will lose some hole shot. If you can find a used 4 blade 19 pitch to use as a test that would be great. then you would know what you have.