WINTERIZE and fuel..?

alternative

Seaman
gonna pull the boat out today or tomarrow.. am going to add stabilizer.. and run to the launch.. but if i only have a 1/4 tank of fuel should i fill up for the winter or not.. i heard the more fuel the less room for condesation.. what to do.>? and any other suggestion once its out..and i plan to have the outdrive worked on this winter in a few weeks .. will be stored in a unheated garage .. should i still drain water.. even though it will need to run.. when repairs are done.. and what about the outdrive oil..? drain?now or later/?

Bondo

Staff member
Re: WINTERIZE and fuel..?

As I stated in 1 of your Many Threads,<br />You Have a Fuel Issue.................<br /><br />I Wouldn't Fill the Tank,It Might be a Waste of Money.............................................................................

bomar76

Lieutenant Commander

After reading all the disjointed posts,I think the best suggestion is for alternative to find a new hobby.<br />This one does not agree with him.

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

Check your OTHER post on topping off fuel. I think we are all here to help you, but it is time for a professional. At the risk of making internet enemies, we have told you several times you have a fuel problem. Either you have not returned to check our replies, or just ignore them. You have a lot of engine and marine experience here and can trust us.<br />I think it is great you are wiling to try to do it yourself, but you don't appear to have knowledge or patience to do it.<br />Have a mechanic winterize and fix your engine problem. Buy a book, and study your application over the winter.<br />If you still insist on working on it yourself, good luck. Just remember to take your time, use a book, and go through things slow one at a time. The other issue appears like you have been charging toward your boat attacking everything except what is suggested, then quickly getting frusterated or forgetting what was said.<br />Yes you should DEFINATELY drain the waterfrom both engine and manifold. NO, do not top off the fuel. Take it to an expert and see if they can drain the fuel tank to get the water out, but don't fill it. If you need to have someone run it to work on it, then drain it again when finished. Takes only a few minutes. If the outdrive is going to be worked on, let the mechanic drain it and refill it when he is ready.<br />Like I said, don't give up on working on engines and mechanics if you have an interest. Just study a little and learn how things work. Start with Briggs and Stratton, excelent way to learn the basics.