nickel and dimed

forceone

Recruit
need help! rebuilt carbs and adjusted to where starts first crank also installed new coil packs motor runs but smoking and noticed had oil in water while running i think i have valve problem not sure. its a 125 force 1988 model.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: nickel and dimed

It is quite normal for a 1988 Force 125 to smoke, and to leave a trail oil slick. It is a 2 stroke, and that is what 2 strokes with carburetors do.

No valves to give problems, by the way, unless you think of the reed valves, which have nothing to do with smoke or oil slick.

It is good to pay close attention to your outboard and to question anything that doesn't seem normal. You are taking good care of her. :)

forceone

Recruit

Thank you jb still trying to figure things out on this boat ihave had a few issues and alittle new to owning a boat it has stranded me a few times but slowlly learning

fucawi

Banned

oil slick ....make sure you have the right oil ratio 50 :1 and modern TCW3 oil which is biodegradable EDIT

Last edited by a moderator:

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

modern TCW3 oil which is biodegradable ...

Only certain TC-W3 oils are biodegradable. Most are not, so you have to select. Biodegradability is not a spec for TC-W3.