electric start

angel1

Recruit
hello,gladi found this site.i have recently bought a evinrude E10EL4EEB and the guy had it hooked up to control box.i do not have control box and it doesnt have a start switch on motor,so i can even start it up.any way to start this engine and regulate gas without buying a box.

fireman57

Captain
Re: electric start

It would be tough. You can get a used steering system on any auction site. Depending where you are at you might have a boat junkyard close. I can tell you how to start and kill it but you would have no way to control fuel. How would you steer it also comes to mind.

angel1

Recruit

ok tell me how to start n kill it.i jst need to start in barrell for now. thanks

fireman57

Captain

Make sure you have your black/yellow wire (kill) and your black wire (ground) where you can touch them together to kill it. Touch yellow/red wire (solenoid) and your red wire (hot) together. this will engage your starter, when it is running keep these two wires apart. to kill touch the black/yellow and black together. Make sure you have water at least halfway up the midsection before you start it.