more dock side dummies

badkins50

Senior Chief Petty Officer
We arrive at the launch and there was more activity than normal which is no big deal because this usually means fishing tournament and they know their stuff and are in and out no problems. We pull over at the top of the parking lot and go through our prelaunch check list while doing this a guy passed by in a real hurry to be the first but whatever you know go ahead brother.

Proceed down to the ramp (1 "in" lane and 1 "out" lane) and a total of 6 launches. There at the end of the "in" lane was a car (no trailer) parked long ways across blocking us and taking their sweet ole time loading their canoes on the roof of their suv and straping them down. Whatever we are in no hurry and no-one is behind us. Shut the truck off and wait 5 - 10 minutes.

They move out of the way so I proceed to the ramp and start backin in. While backing in noticed the guy that flew passed us is right next to us and he has his boat still on the trailer and back to the edge of the water line. I get mine in and start to unhook and shove it off. Hop in truck and I look over to his and he must have at least 20-30 gallons of water coming out of the drain plug hole. He was in such a hurry that he forgot the straps and plug. So I park the truck and get back to the dock and it is still a sold drain of water coming out.

2 in the same launch!:facepalm:

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral
Re: more dock side dummies

The people in the car were trying to make you mad, and the guy in the truck was trying to make you smile!

Whenever I see someone with a full stream of water coming out of the drain plug hole I like to ask the if they forgot something.:D:D:D ... but I never tell them I've done the same thing myself.:rolleyes: