First Inflatable

Chris_valencia

Recruit
Hi all,

I'm new here. Just wanted to share some pics of my first inflatable. 10' West Marine SB310 with 5 hp Coleman (Parsun) outboard. Not much but it gets me off the shore :)
Zodiac_110618_004.jpgZodiac_110618_006.jpgZodiac_110618_002.jpgZodiac_110618_001.jpgZodiac_110618_005.jpg

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Re: First Inflatable

Welcome onboard and to the forums...

Happy Boating

UncleJonny

Cadet

Chris, I like your setup. Welcome to the inflatables addiction. I see the Coleman outboards at some of my local stores. How do you like it? Noisy? Does it seem well put together to you?

soarin

Cadet

good pics and setup chris. i have a west marine rib myself and its a blast. welcome.

Chris_valencia

Recruit

This is the first outboard I've ever owned so I can't really compare it to anything else. It doesn't seem to be obnoxiously loud though. It always starts on the first or second pull, has never stalled on me, runs forever on a tank of gas. With just me in the boat I can get it on plane at 12 mph. With me and my 2 grandsons 11, and 13, we do 6 mph but I just wanted something to tool around the local lakes and harbor with. Another reason I bought this outboard was because it is warranted by Coleman and there are 1200 service centers in the US if it needs warranty work done. I was also able to get a 3 year warranty extension from Walmart so even though the motor is made in China or wherever, I?m covered here in the states.

Chris_valencia

Recruit

This is the first outboard I've ever owned so I can't really compare it to anything else. It doesn't seem to be obnoxiously loud though. It always starts on the first or second pull, has never stalled on me, runs forever on a tank of gas. With just me in the boat I can get it on plane at 12 mph. With me and my 2 grandsons 11, and 13, we do 6 mph but I just wanted something to tool around the local lakes and harbor with. Another reason I bought this outboard was because it is warranted by Coleman and there are 1200 service centers in the US if it needs warranty work done. I was also able to get a 3 year warranty extension from Walmart so even though the motor is made in China or wherever, I?m covered here in the states.

BonairII

Commander

How did u fit the trolling motor and the outboard on that transom? I've got a 10' Quicksilver and I was afraid that I'd end up shredding the tube if I mounted a trolling motor that close.

Chris_valencia

Recruit

Lower the trolling motor all the way down than tilt it back until the prop is just below the water surface. Works great and doesn't hit the gas motor or the boat.

Pack Rat

Petty Officer 2nd Class

What material are the boat numbers attached to?

Chris_valencia

Recruit

I stuck the numbers on a piece of rubber floor molding and attached the molding to the boat with velcro. I just take them off when I roll up the boat.