pressure on an avon S4-60

i am sure this subject has been beat to death, BUT, i can't find the thread
SO, i have an avon supersport S4-60, And i DO know know all about the variable pressure details, but need to know the optimum operating pressures,
#1 - inflatable keel pressure is ?
#2 - all 4 other blatters is ?
thanks, Paul

jondavies

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: pressure on an avon S4-60

Oh, a question I can answer with some authority (as I have the manual) :D

Keel: 3 psi
Tubes: 3.5 psi

thanks so much for the info jondavies,
since you have the manual and i don't, do you have any other important tips i need to know? will be going on a shakedown run this coming week.
thanks, Paul

Oh, a question I can answer with some authority (as I have the manual) :D

Keel: 3 psi
Tubes: 3.5 psi

jondavies

Petty Officer 2nd Class

thanks so much for the info jondavies,
since you have the manual and i don't, do you have any other important tips i need to know? will be going on a shakedown run this coming week.
thanks, Paul

I'll see if I can find it and scan it for you. What's your email?

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner

Seems you are located in Ca, for a good ride and sib rigidity the least optimal inflation would be 3.0 psi, top tubes to this pressure once on water and let the sun do the overinflation to 3.5. If inflated to 3.5, in plain summer sun, will have overinflation, too rigid and bumpy tube ride issues if you like to go fast specially on choppy seas.

Happy Boating

thanks for the effort jon, but couldn't open it,
maybe i can get some email or website info, i pumped the tubes up to almost 3 psi and the keel to 2.5 psi in the garage today to fit and secure the bench seat at runnung pressure, and the foot pump gets pretty stiff,
is this normal?
i do have a brand new pressure gauge.
again thanks, Paul

thanks jondavies, my email address is:
mygaragecomputer@att.net

thanks for the knowledge sea rider, as you can see i am picking jon's brain too about pressures, all experience and input is much appreciated,
Paul

Seems you are located at Ca, for a good ride and sib rigidity the least optimal inflation would be 3.0 psi, top tubes to this pressure once on water and let the sun do the overinflation to 3.5. If inflated to 3.5, in plain summer sun, will have overinflation, too rigid and bumpy tube ride issues if you like to go fast specially on choppy seas.

Happy Boating

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner

If you have a standard low volume foot pump and happen to be a fether champ probably will reach 3 psi with extreme leg effort, better buy a double action good quality barrel type pump much more friendly to inflate if you don't want to invest that much on a electric pump. You should place the seat on it's hooks while it's middle inflated.

Happy Boating