'97 Suzuki 225 NEED HELP!

Bought a 84 grady white tournament edition boat in great shape. Took it out for 45 minutes before i bought it. Ran 100%. Bought it next day, ran it for 30 minutes, heard a knocking sound, sounded like a rod in the engine! After a few more seconds, engine runs ok, BUT will not go into gear, forward or reverse. got towed in. I took the lower unit oil plug off, oil came out thin as water, blacker than black and smelled of horribly burnt oil! Now the kicker is the lower unit was rebuilt by the local suzuki dealer 18 months ago, and only had 3 hours on the hobbs since the rebuild! No one can work on it here but the people that obviously did something wrong! I dropped it off, will be a week before they can even look at it. ANY IDEA WHAT MIGHT HAVE HAPPENED??? Thanks!!! need help! new boat and cant use it!

Re: '97 Suzuki 225 NEED HELP!

Turns out it was low on oil and burnt up just about everything in the lower unit. This from the people that rebuilt it with just 3 hours on it. So for $2,000 and in about 2 weeks I will have it fixed... :(