M70A2 Idle problem

bigdan59

Recruit
My M70A2 had the carbs cleaned about 2 months, everything has been working find. The problem I'm having now is after I run it and then slow down and move it to neutal it will idle for about 10 seconds then cut off. I have to continue to crank it until it will idle about 5 seconds then I quickly place it in forward and give it some throttle. Once I do this it runs good until I stop again. Any help is appreicated.

pvanv

Admiral
Re: M70A2 Idle problem

If I understand this correctly, you are having an idle problem, but no other issues. Could be a lot of things, but is likely fuel-system-related. I would have the idle stop adjustment checked first. Are you running a water-separating filter? Do you idle the carbs dry at the end of every day?

bigdan59

Recruit

If I understand this correctly, you are having an idle problem, but no other issues. Could be a lot of things, but is likely fuel-system-related. I would have the idle stop adjustment checked first. Are you running a water-separating filter? Do you idle the carbs dry at the end of every day?

Idle problem only, the idle stop adjustment is good, it will idle perfect when I'm out of the water and have the hose connected, this only occur when in the water. No water separating filter, I do not idle the carbs dry at the end of the day.

TOHATSU GURU

Admiral

It can be anything. Fuel system, ignition system or on the mechanical side. Pick one system, start the troubleshooting procedures and then determine the problem through process of elimanation. Chances are it's the fuel system since you are not drying the carbs.