Evinrude Fastwin Identification Assistance

ETCM/MDV

Recruit
Greetings,

I have what appears to be an Evinrude Fastwin 10 hp outboard. When I looked up the serial numbers on the ID tag (s/n 15020-13736) the references I have found indicate the motor is an 18 hp. Can anyone help me determine which hp is correct. I have included photos of the motor. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Evinrude_Fastwin.JPG
    Evinrude_Fastwin.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 1
  • Evinrude_Fastwin_10.JPG
    Evinrude_Fastwin_10.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Evinrude_Fastwin_serial_number.JPG
    Evinrude_Fastwin_serial_number.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 1

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Re: Evinrude Fastwin Identification Assistance

Clever. Somebody has dinked around with the decal. Do you have a 10hp limit on your lake? Was the law enforcement officer amused?

It is a 1957 Fastwin 18hp. 10hp motors were "Sportwin".

tx1961whaler

Vice Admiral

World's largest 10 hp motor.....
That's really an 18, like FR said.

1946Zephyr

Vice Admiral

LOL F_R I love that one. Yes, you happen to have the best year Fastwin built. Tune that baby up right and it'll be the most dependable motor you'll own. :D:D

ETCM/MDV

Recruit

Thanks for the quick responses. I really appreciate the comments. I'm not sure why the decal would have been tinkered with but I am happy to hear the motor is as 18 hp. The motor was given to me by my brother-in-law. It was left to him many years ago and was just taking up space in his shop. I look forward to getting it in working order and introducing the grandson to one of the finer things in life. Take Care and thanks again.