can you repair the old pressure tank dual line couplings?

nwcove

Admiral
are the old pressure tank couplings rebuildable? if so, whats the procedure? (the retro fitted air/hydraulic quick connect fittings hanging from the side of my cd 14 work well, but id really like to make things right!)

Last edited:

Daviet

Fleet Admiral
Re: can you repair the old pressure tank dual line couplings?

You can replace the o-rings in the coupler, is that what is wrong with yours?

nwcove

Admiral

i think its only the o rings, but it could be decades of wear and tear on the metal parts. my cd 14 has no male end ....it was removed. i do have the male and female connectors from my cd 13, but they were/are well weathered. just would like to do it right the first time....if its even possible?

nwcove

Admiral

i think its only the o rings, but it could be decades of wear and tear on the metal parts. my cd 14 has no male end ....it was removed. i do have the male and female connectors from my cd 13, but they were/are well weathered. just would like to do it right the first time....if its even possible?

samo_ott

Vice Admiral

It's almost always the O rings. Not hard to change. You should fix em. That connector on the end of the hose costs $135 new! You can get two $2 O rings at your dealer :)

nwcove

Admiral

yikes? $135??? i think i will make a very careful attempt at repairing! if it dont work out, i guess i will have to accept the hydraulic/air hose quick connects that are on it now!

thanks guys

levi_tsk

Ensign

my buddy frank robb makes a fixture for this job but ill pm you his email
he might be willing to replace them for you for fairly cheap or you can buy the tool

samo_ott

Vice Admiral

I think there was only one I could not fix as the spring inside had spronged, other than that O rings fix's em all I find. And it's easy to do. Search the forum, there's many threads on doing it. And if not you can find the entire connector at AOMCI swap meets for $5 or $10 each. Mind you, I don't know of there's any chapters out east. I have to go to Tor to get to the meets.

F_R

Supreme Mariner

Heh, you are going to different meets than I am. Well ok, a few months ago, a guy had some crummy tanks with the connectors for $35. And those connectors needed repair too. Besides, it costs me $50 gas money each way to get to most of our meets.

Those o-rings can be hooked out if they are still soft. If petrified, they need to come apart. My fixture helps to do that. PM me if interested. Include your e-mail address in the PM.

levi_tsk

Ensign

i thought that was you frank:D