2003 Mercury EFI 115 HP

LSaulmon

Recruit
I have a 03 Merc. 115, it frequently stalls when shifting between forward, reverse, and back to idle. I recently changed the fuel filter (attached to front of motor), drained the gas tanks (one plastic and one alluminum), replaced the fuel lines, spark plugs, and changed the oil and oil filter. I also added a 10 micro water / gas filter. Boat has fresh fuel and I added sea foam. I ran the boat last weekend, started out great, but after sitting parked for a few hours, our next trip was the exact opposite, engine ran rough cutting in and out, at full throttle the engine would start coughing and fall on its face. I spoke with a boat mechanic who recommends removing the fuel injectors and having them cleaned at a lab - cost of $170 - I asked another boat mechanic (second opinion) and they recommend ( at $70 per hour ) having them diagnose the engine and check the hi pressure fuel filter. I am at a cross road, I don't want to throw money down on a guess or assumption of the problem, that could be expensive. If anyone has any suggestions from past experiences, I would welcome your thougths on the matter.