Oil filter cross reference

POINTER94

Vice Admiral
1988 5.7l chevy 350. What is the oil filter? Also are there any good cross reference sheets on the web or available.<br /><br />Thanks as always guys,

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral
Re: Oil filter cross reference

You can use an ac delco pf25 or 35 if you have the room for the 35 and fram is ph5.Charlie

garycinn

Chief Petty Officer

If you can't find PF25's, it's because they are obsolete and replaced by the PF35. If you have the room, use the PF1218 -- if you are convinced you have to use AC in the boat.<br /><br />Double check the PF35 -- I don't believe it has the anti-drain back valve -- the rubber cover over the inlet holes.<br /><br />www.oilfilterstudy.com

Red Fuel

Cadet

Baldwin.com. Don't use Fram. Baldwin B27(short) Baldwin B6(long) B7(longest). IF the filter is mounted upside down in front, DO NOT use any filter that does not have an anti-drainback valve. Use Baldwin B360(short) or B279(long racing version).

tommays

Admiral

some people feel that fram does not flow enough oil for my self the PH5 has proven to be fine and i like ther higher single pass cleaning<br /><br />you find that just like the huge oil post there are many different views on oil filters and it is unlikely that people will ever agree<br /><br />i find the oil filter study has good info but the flow rates were done at only 10 PSI and 70 deg F and most boats run at 30 to 40 psi and the oil is more towards 200 deg when warm<br /><br /> and no body seams to able say how much oil flow a motor really needs at a given RPM but i know it is pretty low or there would be a lot more dead cars out there<br /><br />tommays