Little dude........

deac1234

Seaman
Hi,

I have a small, Little Dude trailer and have a question. The dust caps are simply flexible caps that fit, somewhat loosely on the hub. They do NOT mount/insert into the hub end as others I have seen and I am not completely comfortable with this. I'd like to use a 'normal' type cap but have no idea as to the correct sized. I've looked caps up and they come in a few different sizes but the measurements seem to be quite specific (2", 2.33", 1.78" etc..) and I'm not sure how to get the correct size for mine.

Any suggestions??

Thanks,

Kerry

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: Little dude........

Are you sure you don't have bearing buddies and those are the dust caps for the buddies? It would be pretty unusual to have flexible dust caps on your hubs.

story6a.jpg

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Yep, sure sounds like someone put bearing buddy dust caps on there.

You need to go to the hardware store and measure the inside of the hub with a caliper.
They should lat you use one of theirs if you commit to buying the caps from them.

You won't be able to eyeball the measurement, as many of the sizes are only thousandths different in size.

deac1234

Seaman

story6a.jpg

Yup that's exactly what it looks like. Something I never knew about! I'll have to look inside and see if the rest of it is there..?

Kerry

NYBo

Admiral

If there is a zek fitting (grease fitting) under there, you have Bearing Buddies (or clones thereof).