Original prop?

sharps

Cadet
Can anyone tell me what the factory prop would have been on a 2007 Larson Senza 226 with a volvo penta 5.7 Gi 280hp and sx drive?

ufm82

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Original prop?

No such thing- it's a guess by the dealer usually. The selection is made using several factors including expected usage, load, speed desired, RPM range, blah blah blah. Is the "factory" prop still on the boat? The barrel may be stamped with the numbers or it could be on the hub under the nut.

Robbabob

Senior Chief Petty Officer

ufm82 is right... read one of the stickies at the top of the prop forum page, "read this first". Maybe you're not looking to correct anything and just need a new one. Weight of boat with people, gear (supplies) and gas, your intended use, etc.

Good luck!

sharps

Cadet

Thanks for the replies, I bought the boat used and it has a 19p 3 blade aluminum on it right now. The gear ratio is 1.43:1, 5.7Gi volvo sx drive 280hp. the boat weighs 3850 dry and I usually have 4 people on board and 1/2 tank. I'm topping out at 49mph on gps and 4600-4700rpm. I use the boat for water sports and cruising but also would like more top end. I've read on other places that I should be able to run at 55 without exceeding 5000rpm which is the top of the range. Any input is appreciated.