where can i find a port side or complete windshield assy?

Chris' Craft

Cadet
i have a 95 Chris Craft Concept 19 that is missing the port side w/s assy. ive googled all over and cant find anything. im sure theres one out there but havent had any luck. any ideas? i would rather just get the port side but would take the whole thing if i had to.

BWT

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: where can i find a port side or complete windshield assy?

maybe a dumb Q on my part, but have you contacted CC?

Chris' Craft

Cadet

yes, they do not keep it but gave me the part number for taylormade. i contacted taylormade and they said they dont make that w/s any longer. they advised me to contact ocean dynamics who said they could custom build one and have yet to get back to me on the price but im expecting that to be around $2000+ which i am not going to spend. just hoping on finding a used one or hoping someone on here knows of a good boat junk yard to send me to.

BWT

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'll poke around a bit to see if I can track anything down.. try searching for places that focus on CC restoration. Here's one in my neck of the woods.. http://www.classicboat.com/boats.htm It's a starting point

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Good luck. Windshields are the worst to try to track down. If the mounting location is fairly flat, you may have luck just finding a complete assembly that roughly the same dimension. Ebay, craigslist, google search for marine salvage.

Chris' Craft

Cadet

yeah, someone removed it correctly and the hull is in perfect condition where the w/s goes, so if i can find one it should work great. but i have been all over google searching for w/s's and boat salvalge, boat scrap, boat junk and to no avail. im guessing there are tons of them out there but if most scrap yards are anything like the ones around here, they are kinda "mom & pop" and most likely dont have a web presence, so i was hoping that a networking location such as this might be a better avenue.

smpbeak

Recruit

Good luck I have a 95 and need only the starboard curved sectioin, all the others are fine. If you happen to locate a complete one, let me know and I'll buy the starboard side. I got the same run around from Taylor and Chris Craft, and was also send to Ocean Dynamics. My # was north of $3600 for that one "custom" piece of glass. If you fine any infromation or a lead on a right side glass ,please let me know! I'll do the same. Also, I did notice the same glass on an older Colbalt that was parked @ a marina, so this windshield was used on a # of boats I'd guess. Thanks