Twin carb solex volvo 250A/spa leg or AQ151 VOLVO PENTA 1991

hihiumjolly

Cadet
Have had engine total rebuild and carbs sent out for rebuild ...rebuilt with volvo OEM carb kits. carbs were boiled out and look like new.I was told the carb would need setting and syncronized ? is there any info onthis procedure thanks

hihiumjolly

Cadet
Re: Twin carb solex volvo 250A/spa leg or AQ151 VOLVO PENTA 1991

thank you so much....have down loaded and printed.

wellcraft19

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Twin carb solex volvo 250A/spa leg or AQ151 VOLVO PENTA 1991

Somewhat of a hi-jack, but still in reference to these twin Solex carbs (but on a AQ171C).

I've rebuilt the carbs a few years ago, but VERY much appreciate this manual. Been looking "all over" since there's not much out there for the rare (but lean and expensive) AQ171C engine/drive package.

Now to the question: On the rearmost one of these Solex, there's a solenoid valve for fuel. I have not been able to find anything (no info, no wiring diagram, etc) for that one. Only know that if that one is not working, a AQ171C engine will run very, very rough, if at all.

Anyone out there with further information?
(I know there are not many of these left running, the very last REAL Volvo based marine engine. The AQ171C block and head is very popular among those who auto-cross Volvo cars based on the B23 engine - since this engine never made its way into any Volvo model - a lot of power in a small block).