New to the site, I have a 90hp Merc on my 17' Montauk C/C

Barlz22

Recruit
Question is I need help on a new prop for it... The serial # on the motor is 109041td @me-90 elpto-97 the Whaler is also a 97. The Prop # is 2038p19 quicksilver. I would like to know if this is a 3cyl 2 stroke i'm pretty sure it is and that it came original with the boat. I can't find any info on the search sites i looked before I posted. I need to know what pitch prop would work for this merc for a little more pick up and speed... Any help would be greatly appreciated! Also what "fins" anyone suggests to get it on plane a little faster?

mikeneal

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: New to the site, I have a 90hp Merc on my 17' Montauk C/C

Question is I need help on a new prop for it... The serial # on the motor is 109041td @me-90 elpto-97 the Whaler is also a 97. The Prop # is 2038p19 quicksilver. I would like to know if this is a 3cyl 2 stroke i'm pretty sure it is and that it came original with the boat. I can't find any info on the search sites i looked before I posted. I need to know what pitch prop would work for this merc for a little more pick up and speed... Any help would be greatly appreciated! Also what "fins" anyone suggests to get it on plane a little faster?

It sounds like a 3 cyl , 2 stroke. You can count spark plugs and does it have an oil tank? As far as props what RPM did it run at WOT? Is current prop aluminum or stainless?

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

If you read the stickies at the top of the page and get us as much info as possible
it will be easier to help you out.

Barlz22

Recruit

Yes it has 3 sparks and got a Merc book on the engine... The prop is a Alum and has an oil tank... I am good now with the engine work with this book! I just need help with the "pitch" for the prop and any planing fins that would work with this Merc. Just so I can take off faster for the kids I tow when i'm not fishing!

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

We're just fellow boaters like you so don't have any charts or formulas involving your boat motor combination. Sooo we need your prop size (usually under the prop nut),and your lightly loaded max rpm and speed. Also would help to know your motors rated rpm.