1973 Ted Williams Deluxe movie

truckintyler

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: 1973 Ted Williams Deluxe movie

My 7.5 is in pretty bad shape, how much $ do you have into yours? You got me itchin to tear mine down now lol.

My son is 4 I'm debating on takin him fishing with me but I'm worried he won't stay still

But that motor sounds real good, awesome job

narwhals

Petty Officer 2nd Class

that motor sounds sweet. i hope my eska sounds that good when the parts come in this weekend. mr. crabs i read in one of your posts that the new valve flaps don't last as long as the old ones did. how often should that be replaced? excellant rebuild on that motor.

windy5849

Petty Officer 1st Class

Great job on the rebuild,purrs like a kitten.Is that a solid state or points ignition?You took along a great fishing partner!

M

mrcrabs

solid state ignition, and its the pump element (bladder) thats weakest, I keep 3 spares just in case,

Jacob has been fishing with me since he was 1 1/2 yrs old when I decided that I would get him a spiderman pole (he still has it), from there he won a USFS kids bass tournament when he was 5 and won his own equipment, he's now 7yrs, I am just his bait boy..."paw I need more worms" this is why I'm into this whole Eska thing to Begin with, I figured he might as well start from the bottom up, by the time he's twelve I can just dump him off at the creek and set and wait for my fish dinner, but hey I do like to go out in our trihull 70hp and fish for river cats, thats really my main hobby in life....

I have a brand knew shortblock for this 7.5 TW outboard waiting, its a points type and I have every thing to make it into a points setup. Thanks mahty for buying the first one.

Thanks, that makes me feel good since I'm all layed up here im my lazy boy with a busted knee, got my laptop hooked to my big TV ....I doubt I will be around as much until this thing heals up a bit

how much $ do you have into yours?

about 80$, same money I payed for the shortblock shipped, it did have head and reed valves which I was glad to see. I had a buddie of mine who lives down the road www.madmanengineering.com bar hone the cylinder and like I said I used harley D bearings that rated higher RPM and side load than stock....we shall see.

M

mrcrabs

I'm going to run my little 7.5 Eska today if my knee will quit throbbing, I want to see how it pushes our 14' jon, Im waiting on a new hustler turning point 17p prop from Iboats for my Johnny so we can get out and have some catfishin fun.

M

mrcrabs

move on La Belle Riviere

MahtyMaht

Chief Petty Officer

I love the way that kid sits the bow - Looks ahead to evaluate navigation, scans the banks to evaluate fish potential, scans the entire visual field to enjoy the ride. Wears the life vest like a pro. Oh yeah, he's the fish/boat COMMANDER! Mr. C. - What have you done to your knee?

85 BOMBER

Seaman

.....anybody have a manual on how to adjust a titanium knee joint? :eek:[/QUOTE]

Mr.C, you know we're gonna need model and serial #'s to identify which manual you'll need...Lol. Hope that knee gets better soon!!

Hammer66

Cadet

My 7.5 is in pretty bad shape, how much $ do you have into yours? You got me itchin to tear mine down now lol.

My son is 4 I'm debating on takin him fishing with me but I'm worried he won't stay still

But that motor sounds real good, awesome job

Fishing with your 4 year old kid isn't about catching lots of fish. It's about making lots of memories.:)

Just my 2 cents.

M

mrcrabs

If it does't matter if you win or lose

MahtyMaht

Chief Petty Officer

Whoa! Moby Catfish! There's supper right there. That kid is the fish Commander!

M

mrcrabs

He caught that yesterday and yes I had to help him haul it in....we used live bluegill he caught in the marina for bait...the big ones just don't seem to be bitting good on a worm gob yet.

The catfish is now in our bellys tonight and man was it good....along with a dozen bluegill filets. Still got a half a plater full, come on over...

Hammer66

Cadet

I keep score too. It's nice to see that score grow. It shows me they really do pay attention. Have a great summer!