malibu boat with 383 no spark

Mitch293031

Cadet
hey guys im stumped and looking for suggestions to get this boat running.
its a malibu wake board boat with a 383 inboard and the story is the people who owned it left the drain plug in it and left for over 6 months and it filled up with water on the trailer and i mean it was filled. now i have changed the oil and motor is good still, im not getting any spark or fuel pump isnt even coming on and the dash doesnt come on, now motor will turn over and all switches work. ive changed the computers out under the dash with new ones and still no difference any suggestions that i need to check will be greatly appreciated. ive also checked the fuses and stuff.

Bondo

Staff member
Re: malibu boat with 383 no spark

its a malibu wake board boat with a 383 inboard and the story is the people who owned it left the drain plug in it and left for over 6 months and it filled up with water on the trailer and i mean it was filled. now i have changed the oil and motor is good still, im not getting any spark or fuel pump isnt even coming on and the dash doesnt come on, now motor will turn over and all switches work. ive changed the computers out under the dash with new ones and still no difference any suggestions that i need to check will be greatly appreciated. ive also checked the fuses and stuff.

Ayuh,... Malibu don't make motors, or ignitions, nor drives...

So,.... What are We workin' on,..??

Mitch293031

Cadet

ayuh,..... its a malibu wakesetter boat.... it has a 383 inboard v8 engine

this is what the boat looks like.
malibu-wakesetter-23-lsv-sport-boat-2008.jpg

Tahorover

Chief Petty Officer

Is it MPI or TBI? Do you have fuel pressure and spark?

Mitch293031

Cadet

Is it MPI or TBI? Do you have fuel pressure and spark?

ive posted the info if you read my post

and the motor is MPI

Tahorover

Chief Petty Officer

Sorry but your grammar make it a little tough read : " or fuel pump isnt even coming on "

Have you run a temporarily hot lead to the fuel pump to pressurize the system. Did you check your crank sensor?

Mitch293031

Cadet

when i turn the key on, the fuel pump doesnt prime and when i turn the engine over im not getting any spark, also none of the dash gauges work. the engine will turn over and all the switches work on the dash.