200 Suzuki Prop Cativate?

gunlocators

Seaman
Ok went out in my prosports 22ft center console in the gulf last week. For the first time I was about 20miles out and heading from one spot to another to snapper fish and my RPMs went way up and boat slowed down. I took it out of gear put it back in gear several times very little power and high RPMs. I am thinking crap I spun a prop off the hub. Well my son did a extra good job of cleaning the boat no spare prop. Since I have SeaTow if needed I decided to hobble back fast I could go was about 5 MPH if It tottally spun then i would call seatow if I made it in fine. Anyway after about 15 minutes my RPMs went down to normal and my speed increased? I am thinking what gives. So I figured what the heck I am about 15 miles out or so now and I am going to test it. I took it out of gear put it back in gear. Everything was going fine. SO since i had guest that wanted to fish we fished. The entire day I ran the boat without anymore issues. I took it out for a while today still no issues. Any ideas what may of caused it. I want to take it to a mechanic if needed but I cant duplicate what it was doing now so it seems it fixed it self. I just hate to get 30-40 miles out and have issues.

BaileysBoat

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: 200 Suzuki Prop Cativate?

Has to be spun hub. Scribe a reference mark so you can check next time it happens.