My new boat project the Daughter brought over..

h20base

Cadet
Well my daughter brought me a present to spend some time with now that im retired, from what i can gather is its a 1990 phantom 180 illision bowrider.it is in good shape except for the floor will need some work and the seats replaced..Me and the son-in-law did get the motor to start and run. So now i have something to tinker with..

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral
Re: My new boat project the Daughter brought over..

Well my daughter brought me a present to spend some time with now that im retired, from what i can gather is its a 1990 phantom 180 illision bowrider.it is in good shape except for the floor will need some work and the seats replaced..Me and the son-in-law did get the motor to start and run. So now i have something to tinker with..

cool!!! cant wait for my kids to buy me stuff!

Welcome Aboard too!

h20base

Cadet

Ok ,for my first question , where can i find any info on this boat? It has a 4 cyl o/d in it. ive looked online and not able to find a place to get the specs for this boat.I have been reading this site for awhile,and i know that the knowledge is here,ill just keep looking

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

We're going to need more to work with. All we know thus far is it's a 18' boat of a brand no one's heard of with a 4 cylinder. Got any pictures? Any idea the brand of stern drive? You may also want to head down to the restoration section to see what you might be getting into with that deck repair.

h20base

Cadet

062411_175201phantom1.jpg

062411_175200phantom2.jpg

062111_183800phantom.jpg

h20base

Cadet

Well i tried to put some pics on here. I did get a photo bucket account too. Anyway the boat has a 3.0 cover on the carb,and the outdrive says OMC. But the name is Phantom, Ill keep working on this picture thingy,to bad u just cant drag and drop em.. write more later

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Fixed your pics.

h20base

Cadet

Thanks for fixing my pics. ezmobe. I have been reading these posts for about a year so far and have lots of info from all the posts. im still learning to use this site,but i am a good reader so far. there is tons of info here and I am glad i joined..

produceguy

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Nice looking boat.

KnightWolf

Petty Officer 1st Class

Crestliner made a phantom 180 around 1987. Chek the hull id it will tell you the yr and manufacturer. Then you can research that specific boat for motors.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

I am not sure cuz I am NOT an I/O kinda guy, but I THINK OMC, the mfg of your motor went out of business in 2001. From what I read here on the Forum Parts are kinda IFFY for that motor and it is not a desirable Power Train. Before you sink a lot of time and effort into the boat, I would highly suggest you get the motor thoroughly checked out and determine if you can get everything it needs to get it and keep it in top running condition. All the rest can be accomplished with Time, Effort and CASH!! We're all here to help you if and when you have questions.