Can any one tell me what size is my shaft?

I have what I bleave is a 1962 evinrude Fastwin 18hp motor. SN# 18302E-E08265. I need to know what size the shaft is so I can sell the motor. Thank you, Steve.

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Re: Can any one tell me what size is my shaft?

The model# says a 1963 short shaft, 15", unless somebody put an ext kit on it. Measure from where it sits on the transom down to where the anti-ventilation plate is and see what you get.

I'm sorry I dont know mush about boat motors so I dont know what the transom is or the anti-ventilation plate is. I have an ideal so I mesured from where the transom braket sit's on the boat to the top of the plate that has 3 holes in it above the big fin and came up with 16 1/2 " is this the short shaft 15" that I am hoping for?

tbfosback

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Basically measure from where the motor mounts to the boat to the plate just above the prop. It should should be just like boobie said. 15" short shaft.

Ok there are 4 gripping lines on the mounting plate two on the left and two on the right and it mesures from the top lines to the anti-ventilation plate 15" thank you guy's for your help. And if you know anyone looking for this kind of motor (( it does run )) I will be listing it on ebay and cincinnati craigslist. It will also be best offer I dont have to sell it on ebay or craigslist. If someone makes me a good offer I will remove the listings. Thank you guy's for all your help.