1998 Yahama 150 HP Saltwater Series II 2 Cycle = Problems...

MisterTime

Recruit
Sorry forgot to add engine specifics:

1998 Yamaha 150 HP Saltwater Series II S150TXRV 6G4 UL 501869 W

By the way what do all of these numbers mean? :confused:

Hi All,

I purchased this used boat last week and after a general driveway check out I took it out for a day of fishing yesterday and encountered the following problems of which any input that can be provided will be greatly appreciated.

1. After starting engine and letting it warm up then headed out at a low RPM the engine seemed to have a vibration below 1000 RPM which went away at higher RPMs.

2. The Yamaha Fuel Management Meter did not work - I will be checking for connections and fuses as the week goes on.

3. After stopping at my first fishing hole for about an hour or so I was trying to move a few hundred yards but was haveing a problem keeping the engine ideling at low RPMs.

4. When running at full throttle to see how it would run it was going along smooth and fine at 4500 RPMs 40 MPH by the Yamaha gauges when the RPMs dropped by 500 to 4000 RPMs and the speed dropped accordingly. I checked to see if the throttle handle had moved, it had not, I lowered and reraised the throttle to which it did lower but would only raise back to 4000 RPMs.

Other than the steering requiring a lot of turns from centerline to either direction most else worked fine.

Thanks in advance for any information any of you may be able to supply.

Last edited: